In June 2011 Rupert and Fanny set off on KTM 990 Adventure motorcycles from Rupert’s home in Arniston on the southern tip of Africa to Fanny’s home in Shanghai on the eastern coast of China, a journey of 53,800 kilometers that took them through the bush, deserts, savannah, and jungles of Africa to Alexandria in the north of Egypt. They crossed the Mediterranean Sea to Turkey and rode through Greece, Italy, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, back through France and across the Channel to England and Wales. They then rode over 12,000 kilometers on CF Moto TR 650 motorcycles across China, including Tibet where they rode through the Himalayas and across the Tibet/Qinghai Plateau at altitudes of over 5000 meters.
Please follow their adventures and also help support their efforts to raise funds for their two charities:
Some video of big bike trip at:
- Title sequence and map of trip…..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxRdFDWlOC4
- Some of scenery in South Africa, Namibia, Kenya and Egypt. What is amazing in Namibia is that Fanny has virtually no motorcycling experience at all…..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TSyYwZGcsg
- Not everyone has a chance to cruise through Ethiopia with Energy 52.. like drifting through a parallel universe …..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ko6wUN89DQ
- Nothing beats the quiet and natural beauty of the Sinai, Sahara and Nubian deserts……http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMmcrjUppSM
- We entered Europe in the magical city of Istanbul and rode along some iconic routes and saw many of the historical and architectural wonders of the world. …. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_O1H2_C03c
- For those who cannot access videos on You Tube all the videos and more at the Chinese version, Tudou.com ….